Friday, September 30, 2011

Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit GotSquared!

Two weeks ago I woke up uninspired, I didn't have many ideas running through my head and I was actually thinking of putting my camera down to re-think what I really wanted. 


In my head, I had always the though, -I need inspiration, I need to see something that will set up my mind differently, and I am not talking about drugs, I haven't done it and I don't think I will ever do it, then I called up my good friend Pino and said, hey, lets go to Montreal to see Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit at the Montreal museum of fine Arts he said Yes! Great...
So.... Let's get inspired! let's see some art!



This was an amazing experience and for sure inspired me a lot.
JPG is all about details and precision... it's about different.. elegance.. drama... it's like go big or go home!



This exhibit inspires anyone... every second I spent there was amazing... it was like my brain started to think again and re focus and seeing what I want to be... and I don't mean a designer, I would never achieve something like that, but through the lens, I can imagine and make something happen!




This man's work is amazing... I could go again!



The exhibition — which the couturier considers to be a creation in its own right rather than a retrospective – features approximately 140 ensembles, mainly from the designer's couture collections, but also from his prêt-à-porter line, along with their accessories. Created between the early 1970s and 2010, these pieces have, for the most part, never before been exhibited.



Here, probably my favorite pieces, from the catwalk


Animal inspired;


Culture inspired



and to me, VERY interesting and unique pieces...



We have to get some inspiration in moments when we need it the most.  I think this has been one of the best exhibits I have seen. Loved it, I would see it many times and find more interesting every time!



I wish I could post more photos of this exhibit.  If you have the chance to go, just go! it is amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment